Blogger Button

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hume Lake




So, I think this is my longest post of the year, so read or hit esc. Aug 6 we headed up to Hume Lake with my grandparents, grandma, parents and kids. We walked around the lake a bit and played on the swings the first day. It was the first time Q would swing without screaming or holding his breath (if you don't believe me, I've got pictures). The next day Bryan went on a hike led by Jeff Lily (the exec. director) and saw some great views and big trees, including the sixth tallest tree in the world. The kids and I watched the deer while they ate outside our window. Later that day Bryan, Grandma M., the kids and I went to the cove and swam. The kids had so much fun swimming out to the log, but the most excitement was centered around a bumble bee. Q was sitting next to the shore, and a bumble bee flew up and landed in the water right in front of his feet. As I was calmly shooing it away, I all of a sudden began to panic. Bryan's response was to calm down because it was just a bee, and it wouldn't sting him. However, he didn't see the snake that had swam up and was slithering across his lap. No lying it was on him! I not so calmly made sure it kept on moving, and Bryan followed it (thus the picture). We all calmed down and went back to the cabin shortly after that. That evening, Grandma W, Mom, Bryan and I went to a star talk on the edge of a cliff. We weren't sure how we'd all make it down or up the steep slope, but with a few pushes we all got back up. We saw many shooting stars from the meteor shower going on. It was truly amazing to be in such a beautiful place and to be listening to someone talk about Jesus and Heaven. The third morning we had a big breakfast and took the kids fishing. No body caught anything, but we've already planned a trip to Shaver to try again. Avery could have kept going for hours, but we were all tired. We went back and ate delicious ribs. After that we roasted marshmallows at devoured smores. I put the boys to bed, and Avery got to stay up. Friday was the second anniversary of when she asked Jesus into her heart, fondly known as her "heart birthday" in our house. I had found a necklace that I'd had from when I was younger and we gave it to her. She was so excited. It actually sparked a great conversation about when everyone else had accepted Christ. Too bad I missed it because I was putting Avery to bed, but Bryan got to listen. I'm hoping they'll write it down so I can have their stories. The next am we got up ate, cleaned and headed home while listening to the Chronicles of Narnia. My grandma said it was a life changing few days for her, I agree. It was absolutely perfect. If you made it through this whole thing, thanks.

No comments: