Blogger Button

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Carmel River Beach

Friday we headed to Carmel for the day. It was breezy, cool, and relaxing. The kids had such an amazing day and were so good. We played until Grandpa headed for shade, ate dinner, and drove home (with Baskin Robbins In Los Banos). The kids built castle and dug holes for hours. I even used my newly acquired knowledge on my children and had a brilliant epiphany. Guess what! Boys and girls are different. Dr. Dobson (in Bringing Up Boys which I'm reading) states that God made boys and girls differently. Duh. I'm not meaning that girls can't play soccer or boys can't dress up and carry pink shimmery purses around (picture Q), but there is a part in them that makes them behave differently. Avery and Cole were so fascinated by the sea weed and even wanted to bring it home- yuck, but at one point I looked up and saw Cole using a huge piece of sea weed as a whip and had come up with the idea all on his own. At the same time, Avery was a few feet away and had made a delicious sea weed cake complete with sand frosting and whatever gross little things she could find. We ate at a sea food market for dinner, and I was once again so impressed at the kids and their willingness to try anything put in front of them. What great kids I have.


No comments: