Blogger Button

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The big 07

It is amazing to watch a child born so small grow into such a delightful young lady. At seven she is:
• so stinkin' smart (she is just like Bryan)
• completely uncoordinated (like both of her parents)
• kind, respectful to her teacher and classmates (one of my favorite qualities about her)
• silly- she makes us laugh every day
• incredibly stubborn since birth. She is convinced she was up all night and never slept waiting for her birthday.
• confident in herself
• convinced she is great at soccer (refer back to the second point, I'll say no more)
• growing to love God more and more each day. She loves her verses, devotional and time we spend talking about Him
• reading often until we tell her to turn off her light. Unless it has ghosts (she doesn't like those).
• convinced she no longer needs a booster seat, although starting out a 4 1/2 lbs, she still has a long way to go (sorry Girl)

I'm sure this goofy list is just for me, but I love her so much. She has taught me to be a more confident mom and I'm glad she thinks I do a good job.

Avery, I am so proud of the girl you are and excited to see what God has planned for your life.




4 comments:

Christa Wiens said...

I remember that tiny little girl with no eyelashes! I can't believe she's 7 already. What a beautiful list, and a beautiful girl.

Grammy Honey said...

I really enjoy all the pictures and all the beautiful things Mom says about her babies!

Jamie said...

Wow! Avery was such a cute baby! I've never seen baby pictures of her...it's amazing how much she looks the same! Good party too...short, simple, and sweet. Don't listen to those 7 years olds, you ARE a great mom, and Avery knows what is important (NOT the big party).

California Morrises said...

Omigosh! Avery was soooooo cute!!!