Blogger Button

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last day of 1st grade

Avery learned so much this year. She read over 111 books, over 8,000 words (for AR), and now loves reading. For those who haven't heard this story: she had a fever a few weeks ago and woke up at 10pm. I knew she wasn't going to school because of the fever, so I let her read for a bit. Bryan and I went to bed. I woke up at 1:50am thinking I'd turn off her light, and when I went in she was still reading. I told her to finish up where she was at, and unknowingly fell back asleep on her bed. When I woke up, I told her she needed to go to bed. When I got back into my bed I looked at the clock. She had read until 2:50am. And it was over 300 pages. Wow. Back to school. One big thing we worked hard on this year was including everyone in her play. She has avoided any "clubs" that only allow certain kids in and is proud to say that anyone can play with her. I am so proud of her accomplishments this year. She is looking forward to being a Manchester GATER.




No comments: