Blogger Button

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Half Dome

Bryan and a friend from Campus headed up to Yosemite to climb Half Dome on Saturday. I woke up at 3:15am (yes am!) to make him some eggs, Dave showed up at 3:30 and they left. Bryan said they got there at 6:00 (yes, still am) and hiked most of the day. Dave made it to the cables (which I learned you have to use for the last bit), but his legs were cramping, so he stayed there. Bryan really wanted to make it to the top, and he did. Dave had Spades and Bryan was taking Avery to a birthday party in the evening, so they troted back down and quickly came home. Bryan suffered mild heat exhaustion from the run back down, so he said the trip home wasn't the greatest. They were quite proud of themselves, and I am, too. However, it was a little funny watching their achy bodies as they were trying to get up on stage for choir, but they'll be fine for next week. All in all, about an 18 mile trip. Way to go, Bryan!

2 comments:

PaulMarchbanks said...

Very cool, Bryan! Would love to do something like that with you myself some day.

California Morrises said...

Wow Bryan! I'm impressed. I hiked half dome when I was 16...don't think I'll ever do it again, although the pictures you took are awe-inspiring.