Blogger Button

Monday, April 30, 2007

What a Fantastic Friday

What a warm day we had on Friday. The kids played in our new fun sprinkler. Mai Yer and Jenny came over and before I knew it, their brother was here also. I thought the water was freezing, but they didn't care. If you haven't heard about my day Friday, it was terrible. I arrived at Avery's school just in time to hear that the school was on a complete police lockdown- not a drill. Turns out that some kids were rumored (not sure the details) to be playing with a hand gun and videotaping it in the park next to the school. After 20 minutes, the police came and released the kids. I have never and hope to never again have the completely helpless feeling of having a child locked in, me locked out having no idea what was going on inside. Luckily Avery has a great teacher who made it a fun experience huddled in their classroom, in the dark, with all the window coverings shut, in silence. Sounds like a barrel of fun to me. Home schooling anyone?




1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Cory..you know I love your kids...but I have to say, Cole's picture (the first one...) Is QUITE SCARY!!! :) It's so funny!