Blogger Button

Monday, November 10, 2008

Let's Party!

Avery had a few friends over Sunday to celebrate her birthday. We made our own pizzas (same as last year, but Avery requested it), we ironed on pictures to canvas bags, and ate cake. I realized that next year we will have to plan something different. I think in an age where enormous parties are the common thing, a small party at home doesn't entertain some kids as much. I'm not saying for a second that next year her party will be at one of those places, and Avery really enjoyed herself. I did however hear a few say they were bored, or question why their canvas bag was not full of stuff(I only bought a few things - and the bags!). Enough of my grumbling, Avery said all afternoon how wonderful it was and even noticed that the cake I decorated matched the paisley plates we got. Her friends were sweet to her and all left smiling, although it may have been because they were in a comatose state of boredom and were finally going home.




1 comment:

California Morrises said...

Simple is the way to go! Don't cave to the whining of techno-children! While a home party may appear "simple", we moms know that it actually takes much more work than one of those "places". And the birthday girl gets much more attention, which is what it's all about anyways, right? You're an awesome mom!