Blogger Button

Monday, August 20, 2007

1st grade

Today was Avery's first day of 1st grade. Her teacher is Mrs. Mc Taggart (who has been there for a many years). My friend, Christa, who is my age, was in her class also. Avery was excited until about 3 blocks from school. Then she started crying. When we pulled up, her good friend, Shannon, drove up. The girls embraced like long lost friends, and held hands all the way to line. They are in the same class and sit near each other. 1st grade will be different than kindergarten. I wasn't allowed to stay as long as I wanted, she sent us out. They hung up their back packs, went to recess on the big playground, and ate lunch in the cafeteria. I'm sure she needed me even though she said she was fine. One advantage is the extra 2+ hours I have. I was able to come home, get a few things done, let Q nap uninterrupted, and fall asleep on the couch. Cole, Quentin, and I had a fun morning.




1 comment:

Christa said...

I'll bet the classroom still looks the same, too!